Friday, February 15, 2008

Tasty Chardonnay


I had this delicious 2002 Beaucanon Estate Chardonnay last night at Meritage in St. Paul. It's a very full, buttery Chard with pleasant hints of fruit, vanilla and oak (the latter of which I really like in my Chardonnays).

Our server recommended it with my entree - a delicious roasted striped bass with lobster. The meal itself was amazing and the wine was a perfect complement to the fullness and richness of the seafood.

I think I've seen this wine at a few shops in the area, or at least I'm hoping I did, because I would love to pick up a bottle or two for home dining. It retails for only $16 on the Beaucanon web site.
Update (5/11/08) - I found this wine at Solo Vino in St. Paul for $16.99. I'm excited to try it again - we'll pair it tonight with fish tacos.


1 comment:

Christina Tibesar said...

I love a good Chardonnay, too... HaiVy, I think you and I have similar taste in Chards. Sounds like your dinner at Meritage was awesome!