Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Any good slow cooker recipes?

Does anyone have a good slow cooker recipe they'd like to share? With the cold, dreary weather that's been with us, I'm feeling the need for warm comfort food.

I pulled out our crock pot the other night and threw together an impromptu beef stew with the following ingredients. I'd like to tweak the recipe a bit (and write down some measurements), but overall, it was pretty tasty!

- beef stew meat from Byerly's, coated with flour, salt and pepper
- carrots
- potatoes
- shitake mushrooms
- beef broth
- montreal steak seasoning
- worchestshire sauce
- red wine
- garlic
- onions

I love being able to just throw things in the crock pot and having something tasty pop out later in the day. Looking forward to seeing/hearing about your slow cooker recipes.

3 comments:

Christina Tibesar said...

I will post a crockpot recipe soon. But in the meantime, if you want a creamier, richer beef stew here is a good trick - start with one can of Campbell's tomato soup, one can of any "cream of..." Campbells Soup (I like cream of mushroom with roasted garlic) and about a can of water and some red wine and worshteshire (sp?) sauce. Then add your veggies, beef, etc. per your recipe. Let is cook all day - great with a loaf of crusty bread, rice or egg noodles!

Ashley said...

I have some great slow cooker recipes. In fact, tomorrow I am making cuban rice and beans. I'll post the recipe if it turns out.

HaiVy said...

Hey Christina,
I used your ingredients to make another version of beef stew last night and it was delicious! Thanks - the campbells soup definitely adds some nice flavor.