Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tasty Red Wine - Parallele 45


Yesterday was one of those days, so I stopped by Byerly's on the way home from work to pick up some mashed potatoes and a bottle of red wine for dinner (there was also steak and veggies at home, for those of you concerned with nutrition).

The wine - a 2005 Paul Jaboulet Parallele "45" Cotes du Rhone ($11.99) - was very yummy, and now on my short list for an everyday red: something affordable and tasty! It's a blend of Grenache and Syrah grapes, and I found it to be very smooth and full, with a nice mix of fruit and peppper. It was well structured and didn't die at the end (I've had a recent bad streak with some lifeless wines). And it was great before and with dinner. I'd definitely recommend it for versatility, price and quality.

1 comment:

Christina Tibesar said...

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the rec - I agree, there are a lot of lifeless reds out there. :)